Wednesday, March 26

Are you really, really, really tired of pop-up ads?

Well I am. Or was anyway until I discovered two steps we can do to get rid of the little buggers. I did them and I will let you know if they work. (My silence and lack of further opinion will be my signal of liberation as I doubt I will prompted to post again on this subject if these little tricks work.)

Step 1: Uninstall any "spy-ware" - You may have spy-ware on you computer. These are little programs that randomly pop-up new browser windows with ads. They do this regardless of where you go on the web. To detect and destroy these little programs you need to get this: Adaware

Step 2: Opt Out with cookies - This step does not require installation of any software. Instead you must venture into the heart of enemy territory (the ad company's website) and once there, locate the anti-venom, the Kryptonite, the silver bullet, if you will, the Opt Out button. This will put a little cookie in your browser that tells them "NO MEANS NO" or should anyway. The lucky thing for you is I found a site that has all the opt out buttons found and gives us links to them. And here it is. - Good luck to us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home