Sunday, April 20

Web Collaboration Cutailed by Security

I have been trying to use frames to set up a simple portal for personal use. You know, a little yahoo, a little email, some links, etc...But ran into a brick wall security 'feature' of IE that will prevent you form showing a page from a different domain on you website (More Info). Of coarse there are ways around this. Basically any server side scripting language will allow you to capture content from the web and create discreet little portlets. This personalized view on the web is really the future of the web, unfortunately it takes more than DHTML to get you there. However, I did get one piece of external content integrated into my site with DHTML alone. See the the chat bot on the top of my page. This little fellow actually lives at Pandorabots.com. It is not the most elegant solution, but without the ability to host servlets at my ISP, this is what I'm reduced to. Time to dust off the old programing books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home